The following list is pulled from my existing Google Reader which I think are great sources to follow for anyone interested in staying up-to date with marketing, advertising, and social media.
- Mashable – by far one of the most popular sources for anything social media, technology, or web-related.
- Techvibes - this hyper-local technology blog ensures that you stay informed of all the latest gadgets, releases and events happening in your city.
- Advertising Age – an excellent source for news and trends in the marketing/advertising/PR industry.
- Social Media Explorer – if you’re interested in learning about using social media for business and best practices, this is your place to go.
- CMO.com Blogs – CMO does a really great job of compiling an assortment of blogs that they recommend. If you don’t have any time to waste and want to get to the nitty gritty, check them out!
- eMarketer – Useful if you’re interest in staying up-to-date with new information and statistics.
- Seth’s Blog – More of a thought leadership blog but definitely relevant to the marketing/media industry. Seth challenges you to think differently and stay creative.
- Hubspot Inbound Marketing Blog – these guys provide practical advice and tools to help improve your website or blog.
- NYT – Media and Advertising – one of my #1 news sources for industry-related content
- Six Pixels of Separation – author of the book, Six Pixels of Separation and speaker, Mitch Joel provides a fresh perspective to the digital marketing world.
Do you know of any other blogs that you follow which aren’t already on the list and should be? Add them in the comments!