The following is a list of Twitter folk I enjoyed following in 2010. This list is by no means in any particular order and as hard as it was to cut it down to 10, here it is! Of course there is more but I wanted to keep it limited to real Twitter personalities rather than organizations which likely already receive more than their fair share of attention, right?
- Avinash Kaushik – Author of Web Analytics: An Hour a Day and, Web Analytics 2.0 as well as Analytics evangelist for Google, he tweets more than web analytics. Follow him for consistently interesting and useful tidbits!
- Penelope Trunk – Author, blogger and entrepreneur with personality
- Danny Sullivan – Follow him because he’s a known expert in SEO and PPC
- Hugh MacLeod – An inspirational cartoonist and best selling author.
- The Cellular Guru – Follow to get all the latest on mobile technology.
- Mitch Joel – Tweets about digital marketing, business, blogging
- Scott Stratten – Humourous marketing guy, just follow. You won’t be disappointed.
- Julien Smith – Smart guy and co-author of NYT best seller. Tweets are just as interesting as his blog.
- Dan Zarrella – Social Media Scientist
- April Dunford – Technology Marketing exec tweeting about the industry, social media and startups.
To discover more people to follow, check out Klout’s list of 10 Most Influential Tweeters in Toronto.